The NBDA’s National Bike Summit Scholarship Program is designed to support the cause of cycling in
The National Bike Summit is produced by the League of American Bicyclists (www.bikeleague.org). This is where advocates, industry executives and education experts gather to learn about the issues involving bicycling in America, and to speak up for bicycling on Capitol Hill by meeting with members and staff of the House of Representatives and U.S. Senate by pre-arranged appointment.
The NBDA is making available up to 25 scholarships worth up to $1,000 each to NBDA dealer members who have not attended past National Bike Summits. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please fill out the on-line form and submit to the NBDA by January 16, 2008. Those who are awarded scholarships will be notified by the NBDA by January 30, 2008, to give attendees enough notice to make affordable travel arrangements.
• If you are an NBDA member retail store and have not attended a previous National Bike Summit, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship to attend the 2008 event. All applicants must be current members of the NBDA. (If you are not a current NBDA dealer member, you may visit our membership application page and join the NBDA prior to applying for your scholarship.)
• Applications will be made by filling out the On-line Application Form (below) by January 16, 2008.
• Recipients will be selected by the NBDA and be notified by the NBDA office via e-mail by January 30, 2008.
• Priority will be given to recipients from states and regions previously lacking representation. If more applications are received than the number available, recipients will be chosen by the NBDA via lottery.
• The NBDA will pay up to $1,000 per member store for registration, transportation, lodging and meals for the National Bike Summit March 4-6, 2008.
• Recipients will need to register for the event and make travel and lodging arrangements on their own.
• The NBDA will reimburse all scholarship recipients within two weeks of submission of receipts of actual costs incurred, up to $1,000 per NBDA member store.