NBDA US Bicycle Market 2018 (PDF Only)
This 103-page report, which draws from many diverse sources of information, is purchased and implemented by a variety of businesses. “I've studied these reports extensively and implemented changes to my shops based on the data, “ noted Kent Cranford, NBDA Board chair.
“And most of the folks that have been buying the reports were vendors, investors, consultants, and new bicycle retailers looking for the answers to success,” Cranford concluded.
The cost of the report is $399, with a discounted price of $299 for NBDA members.
In addition to the ongoing topics that have been included in the report since its inception in 2000, Townley has added three new topics that we are excited to share. The new research includes ride share and its market impact, electric bikes, and the bike shop of the future. See the full Table of Contents here.
“2018 was a seminal year for our industry in general and retailers in particular,” Townley said. “Many of the key trends that came to the fore were just wisps as recently as 2016.”
“The NBDA and its members will benefit from this market report that shows the statistical basis for the future, with definable trends based on high probability assumptions. I’m really excited to get this information out to the bike industry and broader-based users as well,” concluded Townley.
- Index of Tables and Charts
- Economic and Events Overview
- 2018 U.S. Business
- 2018 U.S. Bicycle Industry Biggest Stories
- U.S. Bicycle Market 2018
- U.S. Participation in Bicycle Riding
- Self-Service Bicycle Rental
- Bicycle Riding and Consumption Per Thousand
- Direct Effect U.S. Retail Sales
- U.S. Market Consumption
- The Rise of Electric Bicycles
- U.S. Bicycle Imports
- U.S. Bicycle Exports
- U.S. Channels of Trade
- Supplier Bicycle Sales to U.S. Bike Shops
- Bicycle Brands by Channel of Trade
- Specialty Bicycle Retail Bicycle Product Portfolio
- The Return of U.S. Bicycle Manufacturing
- What Will the Bike Shop of The Future Look Like?